Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Happy {Korean} New Year!

I need to catch up this blog... in the BIGGEST way... like our first Korea trip is still not chronicled.  So is life.  I think my game plan is to keep trucking along with my Korea posts and then just back dating them as they're done, but meanwhile, I wanted to get a leg up on keeping it more up to date in the new year.  So here goes...

We started our new year a little early at 10:00am on December 31st... New Year's in Korea!


We ate traditional Tteokguk soup, cooked by our resident Korean cook, Liz, which grants the consumer luck for the new year and also gives you a year in age.  Mr P was super stoked that he turned six years old five months early! ;)   

After lunch, we hung out while I enlisted the help of my fellow friend and photographer, Lauren, to get some photos of my boys in their handboks.  It's amazing how still my boys will get when it's not me behind the camera!  (HUGE thank you Lauren!)



And after our mini photo shoot, we let the kids play on the swing set, slide, roll in the mud, and borderline ruin a few hanboks... ahem.   

Among the casualties, I will just say, someone modified their hanbok to a halter top... just sayin.'

Where is that laughing-till-you-cry emoticon when you need it?!

{thankful for}
a friend that knows how to cook Korean
a friend that gets fabulous shots of your boys
several more friends to share a culture that your heart so dearly loves
hanbok clad children
a crisp shiny morning
new beginnings
the promise of a good dry cleaner

0 kind thoughts:

Post a Comment

Our Adoption Timeline

  • June 19, 2011- We are officially "Paper Pregnant!" We have submitted our Waiting Child Application to Holt!
  • July 5, 2011- Submitted our formal Home Study Application to Villa Hope
  • September 6, 2011- Submitted all of our paperwork for our Home Study
  • October 8, 2011- Completed our First Home Visit
  • October 17, 2011- Completed our Second Home Visit
  • November 14, 2011- Home Study Approved
  • December 1, 2011- Filed our I600a
  • February 1, 2012- I600a Approval Letter
 
© Heart and Seoul

CoffeeShop Designs