Thursday, October 23, 2014

The Land of My {Heart}


I have so much I need to blog.  So many details I need to immortalize.  It's all swirling around in my head.  Goodness knows I have enough time to do it.  Jetlag is still so prevalent for me and the Jibber Jabber.  We've become completely nocturnal.  Truth be told, I'm kind of just selfishly hoarding our story.  You know when you're terrified and someone asks you what you're scared of but you don't dare tell them because if the fear is physically breathed from your lips it becomes real?  I almost feel as though if I speak our story, then it means I'm really home living this dream I've dreamt for years and years and years and that I'm no longer waking up in the Land of the Morning Calm.  

Because you see, there are some of us kindred spirits that travel to a distant land and our soul literally finds it's belonging.  I can't explain it.  I LOVE my sweet home Alabama.  I wouldn't dig up roots from here to save my life.  But the physical ache for my dear Korea too...It's there.  In the pit of my stomach.  In the faintness of my legs.  In the skipped beats of my heart.  

I cannot thank this beautiful land enough for sharing one of its most valued treasures.  This beautiful son of mine-ours.  I'm forever grateful that Korea allowed my beautiful boy to cross oceans into my heart, forever.  I promise I will bring him back to fall in love with you just as I have.  Your beautiful people, the rich vibrant culture, the valued tradition and history, the distinguished tastes of the street food and delicacies alike.  

So, soon, I will write our story, just as one says goodbye to a first love.  I am thankful for it, it has made me a better person, and I can love better because of her and the story she has entrusted me with.

{thankful for}
His will for our lives
deep brown eyes that transcend into another world
wonders of a distant land
soft, midnight popos

1 kind thoughts:

Amy said...

Feel the exact same way about that beautiful country. It is such a part of us and its so hard to explain the feelings and emotions associated with it.

Post a Comment

Our Adoption Timeline

  • June 19, 2011- We are officially "Paper Pregnant!" We have submitted our Waiting Child Application to Holt!
  • July 5, 2011- Submitted our formal Home Study Application to Villa Hope
  • September 6, 2011- Submitted all of our paperwork for our Home Study
  • October 8, 2011- Completed our First Home Visit
  • October 17, 2011- Completed our Second Home Visit
  • November 14, 2011- Home Study Approved
  • December 1, 2011- Filed our I600a
  • February 1, 2012- I600a Approval Letter
 
© Heart and Seoul

CoffeeShop Designs